StumbleUpon

Monday, March 8, 2010

Part II Redeveloping a Painting


March 8, 2010
I don't know WHY it takes me so very long to focus and get back to a painting.
Anyway, I am back and I have made a few more revisions. It seems as much as I would like be be 'realistic' in my paintings, I move into the folk-art, primitive area. -gotta work harder on that.

Anyway, I have added some words, "still alive but I'm barely breathing"..love that song... and still working on the flowers. To the right is what I have so far.

I made a distant island where my girl will drift in pain and sadness...aah 1st love. How bitter-sweet it is. -Glad that stage of life has past. It was no fun and I feel for my girlie.

I have also worked on the drifting girl and given her a little more definition but would like to add the 'shadow' or suggestion of body at the bottom...something like a boy watching her drift away.

I still see the shadow of what was there on the bottom..it's part of a body or arm. That also needs to go.

Let's see what develops.

No comments: