StumbleUpon

Sunday, June 6, 2010

DAILY PAINTING


I recently discovered a new site called The Daily Painters Gallery. It really has some great artwork on it and of course all of it is for sale. Please stop by and visit it by clicking the scrolling link to the left.

Over to the right is my very first collage piece. I recently attended a weekend workshop with a very talented local collage artist by the name of ELIZABETH ST. HILAIRE NELSON. Her instructions were wonderful and she is considered a 'paper painter'. Her works are more like portraits and very realistic which is, in my humble opinion, not usually the style of collage paintings but hers are extraordinary. Anyway, this is the piece I walked away with after a 3 day lesson on painting paper, selecting a good subjectmatter and preparing your surface. Comments?

No comments: